John P. Rowlands, M.D.
Locations: Limestone, Newark, North Wilmington
Specialties: Interventional Pain Management, Spine, Neck and Back Disorders
John Rowlands, M.D., is a board-certified anesthesiologist who is fellowship trained in Interventional Pain Management, with a focus on Spine (neck and back disorders.)
Dr. Rowlands utilizes non-opioid pain management, with a focus on interventional techniques including:
- Transforaminal, interlaminar, & caudal epidural steroid injections (for neck, back, arm, and/or leg pain)
- Diagnostic medial branch blocks (for neck and back pain)
- Radiofrequency ablations (RFA) (for neck and back pain)
- Spinal cord (dorsal column) stimulators (for back and/or leg pain)
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint injections (for back and/or leg pain)
- Selective nerve root blocks (for neck, back, arm, and/or leg pain)
- Trigger point injections (for neck, back, shoulder, arm, and/or leg pain)
- Sympathetic nerve blocks (for arm or leg pain)
- Other procedures not listed here
After completing his pre-medical training at the University of Notre Dame and his medical training at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, Dr. Rowlands completed a residency in Anesthesiology at Dartmouth Medical Center. He then returned to Philadelphia to attend a Pain Management fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania. He currently lives with his wife and daughter in northern Delaware.
Dr. Rowlands works closely with Dr. Mark Eskander, fellowship-trained spine surgeon at Delaware Orthopaedic Specialists, to provide Comprehensive Spine Care.
Robert Biddle, PA-C
Joseph Cassidy, MS, PA-C
Crystal DiMauro, PA-C
George Duffield PA-C
Thomas Edwards, PA-C
Catherine Frescoln, PA-C
Geary Gutowski JR., PA-C
Daniel Maistre, PA-C
Thomas Merring, PA-C
Regis Phelan, MPAS, PA-C
Matt Stump, PA-C
We are a multi-specialty group with fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeons, who have expertise in total joint replacement, fractures, foot and ankle, hand, spine, sports medicine, trauma, osteoporosis and general orthopaedics. Learn More.
Get In Touch
Make an Appointment
Call 302-655-9494 or
Request Appointment Online.